Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happiness is a Choice

I firmly believe that people choose to be happy in the general sense. Some people are better at this than others. It isn't about your circumstances, it's about perspective. I am not happy by nature like my boyfriend. I have to work at it. Case in point, my Roomba! story from yesterday. When I came home to that mess, I did not immediately see the humor in the scene before me. Actually I was pretty upset. I could have let the event ruin my entire night, and that of my boyfriend by association. But instead I thought about my blog and what a good entry this would make. As I was scrubbing the mess off the floor, I started thinking about what I could write and how I could make it funny for readers. Before I knew it, I was smiling. Yes, I was actually smiling with shit on my hands!! By the time my boyfriend arrived home from work, the floor was clean and I was cheerfully reading my blog to him. It may not have been intentional (this time), but I chose to change my perspective about my situation. Instead of being upset, I chose to be happy by finding the humor in the situation. And the really great part was that I not only salvaged that night from being a major downer, but I also made a few friends laugh with my story.

3 comments:

  1. You've discovered "irie"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irie is elusive in my world. I'm hot on it's tail though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogs are great stress relievers, aren't they? Mine make me sound like the world's most horrible person, though. Hahaha, not everyone finds me funny, but its how I find the humor in things. I thought the roomba story was a classic, I had to call and tell my mom. I'm glad it didn't ruin your night... or your floor. hahahaha! I hope the Punisher didn't ruin your night, either, by the way. HAHAHA. Wow. Great movie. Great.

    ReplyDelete