Friday, December 5, 2008

The Chain Maker

I love to learn new things and also love being creative. Since I can never settle on one thing, this means I have a ton of different hobbies/interests. Last night I received the beginner's kit I ordered from a chain mail site to teach myself my latest new interest: chain making. I stayed up a bit later than usual last night to complete my first piece: a byzantine bracelet. The chain is big and loose because I used the bigger rings provided in the beginner's kit. I hope to advance to smaller rings and more complex patterns. This colored-link piece is inspiring and what I'm shooting for:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/2774604658_bd7ee83d43.jpg?v=0

2 comments:

  1. did you make the one in the picture? not the rainbow one, the other one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I made them but not the colored one in the link.

    ReplyDelete