Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Gamer

I love MMO RPGs. My boyfriend introduced me to my first MMO in 2005, City of Heroes. Since then we've played many games together: EverQuest2, GuildWars, City of Villains, World of Warcraft, Battlefield 2, Lord of the Rings, Tabula Rasa, Battlefield 2142, Age of Conan, and Warhammer. I'm sure I've forgotten a few in this list. Currently we're playing Age of Conan as time allows. I'm very goal driven so these type of games are seriously appealing to me...more things to check off my list than I can ever possibly hope to accomplish before they're no longer worth XP. I've tried a few times to get into First Person Shooters but I can't seem to get beyond my performance anxiety...I find it too stressful to be fun at present. I'm hoping I can change that once I get more familiar with them and learn how to play better, but first I need a keyboard & mouse solution to replace those horrid game controllers. This is one thing I do that is totally frivolous, something that serves no purpose but to have fun with my best friend. I used to feel guilty playing games, particularly because they can suck up an incredible amount of my personal time. Now, I see it as something I do for me. No guilt. No regret. Just some R&R.

No comments:

Post a Comment