Monday, January 26, 2009

The United States of Tara

When I saw the first trailer for this new series, I was intrigued. Steven Spielberg. Diablo Cody. A family with a mom that's got multiple personality disorder.

I loved the writing in Juno so I've been looking forward to the next Diablo Cody work. The cast was top notch. But how were they going to pull this off?? A couple with two kids living with this disorder in a comedic drama. Could it be done?

After watching two episodes, I'm already thoroughly hooked. Toni Colette and John Corbette are perfect. The writing is simply incredible. The whole thing works on so many levels. It's funny and authentic and relevant and clever (all the same things I loved in Juno). This is definitely a keeper. I've already added it to my DVR series list, and I'm looking forward to next week.

My only complaint. I wish it were longer than 3o minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment