Saturday, January 10, 2009

A New Page Turned

"A New Page Turned"
2004

Staring at my bed, knowing I will be alone in it for quite some time. A strange feeling washes over me, a sense of freedom and of loss. How I stayed in such abuse for such a long time still perplexes me. Was it love? No. It was always about domination and control. It was never as much about me as it was about building him up. So now I am out of the closet so to speak. The veil pulled back to reveal the extent of my elaborate facade. Such a mixture of humiliation and relief, telling friends and family that my "perfect marriage" was nothing less than smoke and mirrors. And so it was, I struck out on this new adventure of independence and automony, in search of self-identity and a means of healing the damage done over the past fifteen years. A new page is turned.

No comments:

Post a Comment