Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Caterpillar Bracelet

This class was taken at Nomadic Notions. I think the teacher was Emily. I missed the first night of class because I was traveling due to the sale of my house in Wisconsin, but my friend Emmy made my base that week so that I was ready for the 2nd of the 2-day class. I ended up losing the piece and starting over (I eventually found the first one under the sofa). I like the end result. Some say it creeps them out because it looks like a sea urchin. It definitely has a feeling of movement when on your wrist. It does sort of look like a sea anemone, but I like it. Using different number of beads allows you to control the height of different sections, allowing you to create texture. Using different colors and sizes of beads allows you to control the transitioning of colors so it is either very striking contrast, or very organic changes of one color transmuting into the next. Had a lot of fun with this one, although it did require some time to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment