Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Fitness Coach

This is what I got for Valentine's Day from Jason and, no, it's not a not-so-subtle hint from my sweetheart to get in shape. I asked for this item. I already know I need to get back into shape.

I used it for the first time last night. And can I just say this: "LOVE IT!!!!"

After my sad experience with Wii Fit for use as a workout routine (see my blog entry here), I am happy to have found this. I did a lot of research looking at different Wii options (trying to justify the expense of the Wii itself since the Wii Fit was novel fun but not a hardcore workout tool) and this software really had good reviews and now I know why.

It also has an initial fitness evaluation (not nearly as humiliating as the Wii Fit eval though), and it allows you to select from music and graphics options as well as letting you pick both the length of your workout and the type of workout you'd like to focus on. Through the workout, it asks for input on how you're doing and adjusted the routine accordingly. It will even ask you if you have hand weights, aerobic step, exercise ball, or heart monitor, and it will incorporate those items into your routine...although it doesn't give you time to move them in and out of the way during the routine. I really felt like I got a great workout that fit my fitness level. FINALLY!!!!

If you're looking for a workout routine, this is one worth checking out. Afterward, I popped in my Wii Fit and played some games and my 15 minutes workout ended up being a bit longer. I didn't realize how long I'd been playing and when I finally stopped, I was sorry I hadn't reigned myself in a bit more. I was whooped! Went to bed early and could barely get out of bed this morning.

My mom is in the hospital right now with blood clots in both her lungs and I can't help wondering if how many of her health problems are a result of her sedentary lifestyle. It has definitely motivated me to start doing something about my own trends in that direction. Plus, with the stress of her illness and my step-dad's upcoming cancer surgery, I could use a stress release tool. Here's hoping I can make this a new pattern just like I did my morning stretches a few months ago. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. So what kind of workout is it? Do you use the Wii fit with it? More explanation please :)

    ReplyDelete